For Figure Skaters
Austin’s figure skating community calls Chaparral Ice home. Skaters of all skill levels and disciplines have access to a variety of resources and services, both on and off the ice. Chaparral Ice has enlisted a roster of more than two dozen talented coaches and was recognized by the U.S. Figure Skating Association in 2016 for having more than 1,000 registered figure skaters. Austin residents can draw from the facility’s deep well of talent through Learn To Skate USA programs, intermediate skill classes, and advanced private lessons for recreational and competitive skaters of all ages. Each year, the Austin Figure Skating Club and Chaparral Ice co-host the Winner’s Circle basic skills competition, and Austin FSC hosts the Bluebonnet Open non-qualifying competition, the Austin area’s only skating showcases for figure skaters, ice dancers, and synchronized skaters of all ages.
NEW FREESTYLE RESERVATION SYSTEM
SKATERS MUST BE FREE SKATE 1 OR HIGHER TO SKATE ON FREESTYLE SESSIONS!
We have launched our new freestyle reservation system which will be in effect for freestyles beginning March 1. Thank you for your patience as both our staff and customers learn the new system. Please be aware of these important price and procedure changes.
- New Freestyle Pricing:
- Extended Length Sessions (generally Mon.-Fri. 5-9 a.m.)
- $26 walk-on
- $22 with freestyle pass package
- Regular Length Sessions (Wed. evening, Sat. morning)
- $16 walk-on
- $13 with freestyle pass package
- NO PRICE INCREASE for skaters purchasing freestyle pass packages!
- NO MONTHLY DEADLINE! Purchase passes and reserve sessions online at any time!
- Discounts only available with online freestyle pass purchase.
- Some sessions regularly fill up. Must reserve a spot in advance to guarantee admission to session.
- Extended Length Sessions (generally Mon.-Fri. 5-9 a.m.)
- Logging In: Click Register Now below. Previous emails and passwords were imported to the new system. You may need to update your customer profile:
- The old system filed accounts by the skater's name. The new system requires an adult to "own" the account.
- If you receive a "you are a minor" message, change the customer name to your name (as the adult) and update the birthdate to your own (or choose "opt out for adults"). Then add family members.
- You always have the option of creating a new account.
- The first time you log in, please log out and log back in again to access pass order options.
- Purchasing Passes: After logging in, your home page will appear. On the right side of the page in a box labeled "Passes" click "New" to order freestyle passes.
- Remember, only Extended Length passes can be used for weekday mornings, and only Regular Length can be used for Wednesday evenings and Saturday mornings.
- Choose a 10 pass or 20 pass package.
- Complete your pass purchase.
- Click Registration, choose skater name, then Figure Skating to reserve freestyle sessions.
- Choose the type of freestyle you want to reserve. Options for March include:
- Freestyle Sessions, Extended March 2018: Monday-Friday 5-9 a.m.
- Wednesday PM Freestyle Session, Regular March 2018: Wednesdays 6:10-7:10 p.m. No session on March 14 during spring break.
- Saturday High FS Session, Regular March 2018: 7:10-8:10 a.m. sessions are reserved for skaters in Preliminary-up. Must have Axel!
- Saturday Freestyle Session, Regular March 2018: 8:10-9:10 a.m. sessions are for all skaters in Pre-Free Skate and up.
- *Sat. Spring Break Freestyle 1, Regular March 2018: 9:45-10:45 a.m., March 17 ONLY!
- *Sat. Spring Break Freestyle 2, Regular March 2018: 10:45-11:45 a.m, March 17 ONLY!
- After you click Register beside one of the products above, a calendar will appear so you may select the days/sessions you want to skate. Select dates and click Continue.
- You will be taken to a cart to check out and will see an option to apply passes from your Freestyle Pass Package.
- Checking In at the Rink: All skaters must sign in for freestyle sessions at the front desk BEFORE entering the ice!
- Walk-ons may be reserved online or by phone.
- Walk-on skaters may use freestyle passes to receive discount on walk-on rate.
- Remember, only Extended passes may be used for weekday morning sessions.
- All sessions, both Extended and Regular, are limited to a maximum of 25 skaters on the ice at a time.
- You must reserve in advance to guarantee a spot on the session.
- Walk-ons are not guaranteed a spot on any session.
- All skaters must check in BEFORE taking the ice!
- Security video footage will be reviewed and compared to freestyle rosters.
- ***ANY SKATER ON THE ICE WHO IS NOT LISTED AS PAID ON THE ROSTER WILL LOSE ALL SKATING PRIVILEGES AT CHAPARRAL FOR TWO MONTHS!!
OTHER FIGURE SKATING OPPORTUNITIES
PRIVATE LESSONS: Private lessons are a great idea for skaters who may be having trouble mastering skills, or for those who wish to advance faster or compete. For private lessons, our coaches set their own rates and schedules. Private lessons for skaters in Snowplow 1-4, Basic 1-6, Adult 1-6, and Pre-Free Skate are booked during our daily public sessions. Skaters in Free Skate 1 and above may choose to take privates during public session or private freestyle sessions, depending on the schedule chosen by you and your coach. For more information on private lessons, please contact Kathy Goeke, Director of Figure Skating, at 512-252-8500, ext. 125.
Camp de Champs is a skating training camp designed for skaters age 6 and up in Basic 1 through Free Skate 6.
For information on upcoming competitions, visit the U.S. Figure Skating website.
Custom skate repair for figure skaters:
For high level figure skate sharpenings, mountings, and other repairs, please contact Glen Goeke.
OFF-CAMPUS P.E. CREDIT: Chaparral Ice supports the middle- and high-school off-campus physical education programs of several local school districts for our hockey and figure skaters. Please contact your district administration for more information.
Director of Figure Skating
Kathy Goeke - firstname.lastname@example.org
512-252-8500, ext. 125